How much does an eCommerce website cost?
Building an online store websites has become quite popular these days. Not only be the source of income, such platforms also increase the profitable of your offline business. That’s why so many entrepreneurs are figuring out how to build an E-commerce site that every customers want at no extra cost!
According to Grand View Search, the global e-commerce market size was valued at USD 9.09 trillion in 2019. It is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.7% from 2020 to 2027.
And now, during COVID-19 pandemic, the global eCommerce market has seen impressive year-over-year gains.
Are you ready to join this emerging industry? May the E-commerce website price be too high? No problem at all! In our article, we will be getting into very detail on how to build a successful e-commerce business from scratch.
Ecommerce Website Cost: Factors To Consider
Depending on the platform and technical requirements, the budget of eCommerce website development can vary. The better you understand what you need, the more reasonable the price will be.
We will help you know how to plan your budget and save money without losing quality! So let’s take a look at aspects that that directly affect website development cost.
- Vendor type (such as in-house, outsourcing, freelance) or vendor’s location, portfolio, etc.
- Domain name and website hosting
- Number of website functionalities
- Complexity of website design
- Marketing and SEO
How Much Does It Cost To Design eCommerce Website?
Web design is one of the most significant factors in e-commerce development price. The price of designing an eCommerce website is different from vendor to vendor as well.
Therefore, we can’t give a specific web design price. Because it all depends on the customer’s business financial capacities and plan.
Typically, we can define main factors that influence the total cost for the eCommerce website design:
- Number of web pages.
- Ecommerce UX design for buyers and paying customers.
- Templates and themes to apply to an ecommerce project.
- Level of customized design to fit the individual site.
- Website responsiveness for mobile devices and tablets.
Generally, there are two ways to design an eCommerce website:
- Develop a custom unique design
- Purchase a ready-made design template
To choose which is the best option, firstly, you should consider your financial.
Ecommerce Website Templates For Your Online Store
Advantages of custom eCommerce themes:
- Pre-made eCommerce templates are available at affordable rates.
- On the other hands, even some templates at high cost are usually under $100.
- They can fulfill all your requirements.
- Such templates do not require any development time and can apply right after you have purchased them.
Top E-commerce website templates
However, when choosing ready-made eCommerce website templates, there are many questions arise. What’s their support like? Is there code clean? Do they chase the optional ecommerce development best practices?
If you are still confuse, choosing custom design templates may be a good idea.
Develop A Custom Ecommerce Website Design
One of the most excellent advantages of custom templates is you will be only admin. Having millions of templates online, it also means that pre-made theme is used by many people. Thus, if you want to take advantage of custom eCommerce template, let’s choose the different from others.
Another advantage of a custom template is its custom functionality. So that, with the help of development team, you can simple custom elements.
Minumum e-Commerce Web Design Cost
Previously, designing plays an important role. For example, customers decide to engage with a top-notch looking website or to close a out-dated tab. So, eCommerce website design price varies based on the vendor’s experience, quality of work, and your project requirements.
The AgileTech team has extensive experience in online shop UX design. If you’d like to see some examples of our work, here are some e-commerce website that we have done before!
Ecommerce Website Cost: Number Of Functionalities
Another factor determining eCommerce website development cost is its functionality. For example, if you want to implement multi language for marketplace, it will require additional costs.
Sometimes, it is difficult for customer to comprehend how laborious, hard, and expensive it may be to implement some “simple” functions.
Consequently, making a complete list of capabilities to be implemented on your website is essential.
Let’s see how AgileTech resolves this issue!
At discovery stage:
- Market research
- Product backlog development
- UX/UI design
- Project management
- Early planning sprint of the development stage
At development stage:
- Front-end development
- Back-end development
- Project management
- Team review
Next, we will present you a list of core eCommerce website features. Therefore, you can find out what exactly you will need to pay for custom eCommerce software development.
The most important features of an eCommerce platform
- Register/ Login — Users can register/login to your e-commerce platform with an email or a social network account.
- Product navigation — Ideally, it should be intuitive and obvious. So they can navigate the site without any effort at all.
- Product search — The search box allows buyers filter by product parameters as category or sorting by price.
- Basic product page — Users can see product page such as image, description, price and adding to cart
- Product reviews — Every e-commerce website needs a clear product review (e.g starring, text reviews, and average review)
- Shopping cart — A well-designed shopping cart is a must-have for all online shops. The purpose is to quickly and efficiently add items, remove items, change the amount of each item.
- Payment gateway — There are a large number of factors including the payment methods supported, the fees, and the geographical location of your customers.
- Site security — At a minimum, their payment information must be effectively and vigilantly protected.
The Domain Name And Website Hosting
A domain name and website hosting are 2 predictable variables in ecommerce development budgeting.
Domain name for eCommerce business
Your domain name must be rich in keywords and one that can get a lot of search engine to drive traffic and increase conversions.
Furthermore, choosing a domain name also serves as a strategic long-term investment. Because, you wouldn’t want to change your brand name.
Ecommerce website hosting for small business
If you’re running an e-commerce website, you need the web hosting that more robust and safer than regular hosting plans. So that, you can provide a top-notch experience for your customers.
- Shared-hosting — the most simple one. Its provider you’ve opted allocates the necessary resources, and you pay a certain amount of money every month. The user of such a shared system has the opportunity to download files via FTP, as well as through the special panel.
- VPS/VDS — Virtual Private/Dedicated Server is a hosting technology with several isolated virtual machines on a single physical server. You as its user gets the right to control all the process at the root-user level. This is a very good option for e-commerce website development.
- Dedicated server — The client gets the physical machine, which has certain characteristics and locates in a specially equipped data-center. Typically, big portals with a large number of visitors choose the dedicated server.
For small companies and startups, the business owners typically spend between $20 and $250 per month. Hosting for larger online stores costs upwards of $300 per month. Additionally, a successful and busy site hosted in a cloud, could cost upwards of $1,000 — $2,000 a month.
Cost of eCommerce Website Based on Development Vendor
Let’s discuss more details about each option!
Cost is one of the biggest reasons that a business may select a freelancer. If your business is just starting out and needs a simple Ecommerce website , hiring a freelancer can be a good choice.
You can find an eCommerce website developer on a freelance platform to deliver a service for $15,000 or even less.
But, when working with individuals, they are likely limited to the skills and resources. Moreover, hiring freelancers may be problematic to check their authenticity.
Custom software development company (like AgileTech)
A custom eCommerce development company can be the best choice for your project.
- You’ll have a dedicated team to the web project, including a project manager, web developer, and development team.
- In the same way, each team member will bring a different set of skills to the project.
- The development vendor also help you create a wireframe for the website and design UI/ UX that fit your need.
If you choose to work with a custom eCommerce software development agency, you can be sure that your code and data are safe as well.
As the result, outsourcing an eCommerce platform development is another way to save money without losing quality. You can read more detail in our article: “How to outsource software development in Vietnam?“
How Much Does An eCommerce Website Cost For Minimal Version?
If you want to know more, don’t hesitate to visit our full blog here!