App Like Airbnb | How To Build Apps Similar To Airbnb 2020
The world around you has changed the way people perceive many things today, including transformation. On-demand economy, industries like online booking systems, vacation rentals, homes, experiences and places has changed in how they function. And if you plan how to build app like Airbnb, continue reading!
- “Global digital travel sales have figured to grow to 755.94 billion U.S. dollars in 2019” — according to Statista
- Fast forward today, Airbnb has approximately 150 million users covering more than 65,000 cities.
- In Q2 of 2019, Airbnb reported that it had made more than $1 Billion in revenue.
That is probably one of the reasons why travel app like Airbnb at a billion-dollar valuation in less then five years.
With this online booking system, everyone can book vacation rentals, buy tickets, and compare prices using their smartphones or laptops.
Reading the article below, we will share you which Airbnb’s business model is and discover how to make great app similar to Airbnb. Let’s start!
How to build an vacation rentals app like Airbnb? Let’s discover!
The Airbnb Story
There are many apartment rentals apps like Airbnb such as Tripping.com, Vrbo, Booking.com, HomeAway, or Luxstay,… Even experiencing several ups and downs, Airbnb currently is top-notch alternatives to booking home and vacation rentals.
Airbnb is an online marketplace that connects people who want to rent out their homes with people who are looking for accommodations. Thanks to home rental booking sites, you can minimize amount of cash!
Part of the “sharing economy”, you’ll get a relaxed homely feeling if traveling abroad and renting a room from local family. Also, you may get a slice of cultural immersions, with a chance to stay in an authentic neighborhood.
This all sounds pretty simple, but how does it work exactly? Here’s what you need to know about the popular home-sharing site before you book a stay or become a host.
How Does Airbnb Work For Hosts And Travelers
This online booking platform connects hosts renting out space with guests seeking lodging for generally cheaper prices than hotel. Moreover, Airbnb offers a variety of filters for helping guests find the right listing, a chat system connecting hosts to guests directly, and handles secure payments through the site. Airbnb takes a 3% commission from bookings as well as a 6%-12% servicing fee from guests.
- Users create a profile on Airbnb and provide information and go through verification like a profile picture and ID
- After that, search through dozens of filters like area, space, and number of guests to accommodate.
- Additionally, make sure you put the correct dates and number of guests to have the best price.
- Still, guest requests for a stay is always up to the host — and once you receive a confirmation, you will be able to deal directly.
- It’s required to pay for a reservation using the service.
- The final step is traveling and enjoying the stay!
Step by step book a place on Airbnb.
- If you have a room to rent, you will have to register your listing on Airbnb.
- After that, the host can outline certain specifications like area, size, number of rooms, and other details on your listing.
- Then go to the “List Your Space” section and describe what kind of lodging you are listing.
- When the guest requests a stay, you will be able to deal directly with.
- If everything is fine, the host approves the stay. But, Airbnb handles the payments but holds onto the host’s payment until 24 hours after check in.
- The renter needs to confirm that your listing is as good as expected.
How To Make An App Like Airbnb
The success of Airbnb has inspired many developers to clone the app like Airbnb. There are more details like high-level business and tech architectural challenges. But don’t confuse yourself with them for now!
All you need to do is follow these steps to create your Airbnb app clone into simple steps. Broken down this guide to build an app like Airbnb, save time and money in the process.
Step By Step Make Apps Like Airbnb
You must have goal! It’s not enough to come up with an idea. To make an app similar to Airbnb the first action is to follow your goals and write your high-level objectives.
Write down the core features. Even though you are making an app like Airbnb, don’t forget having unique features to be successful.
Choose platform for you app. When designing a new app, the best approach is to choose one platform from Android and iOS.
Design your app before coding. The developers can simply follow the lead of the visual guideline to write codes to make the various visual features functional.
Custom backend. It gives the developer more flexibility to customize the backend features.
Coding frontend. A clean and attractive interface for your app will attract the user to download and use your app.
Create an app landing page. The landing page is where you tell what your app is all about and the value it being to the life of its users.
Release the app and update it regularly. If you have carefully followed the steps outlined until this point, you should be ready to launch your app to the world.
Core features for guests and hosts
- Log in/ Sign up: Users will first have to register themselves. But to make the log-in process even more seamless, your app like Airbnb should include log-in via social profiles, like Facebook or Google+.
- Manage account: The user can edit manage and update their profile information, for example, email id, mobile number, date of birth, gender, permanent address, etc. whenever they wish to do. They can also change their account password as per their convenience.
- Search & discover: Filter by parameters like dates, type of accommodation, budget,… Here, travelers choose the destination and the room they like.
- Property information: Before booking a specific hotel, apartment or house, detailed information can be viewed.
- Wish list: In case users missed out a place where they wanted to book.
- Chat window: Travelers can receive information and communicate to hosts about the place.
- Chat & push notifications: Airbnb offers instant chat notifications like any other messaging application.
- Maps: Maps have significantly simplified the booking process for Airbnb users. All available rentals are then showcased on the map.
- Reviews & rates: The lifeblood of any booking app like Airbnb. Users can review the places and hotels they stayed at directly on the profile of hosts.
- Payments mode: Completely secure payment methods and payment gateways for each booking option.
- Log in: As travelers, before becoming a property host at the app, users will have to register themselves as hosts.
- Add properties: In this section, hosts make a list of the accommodation they offer, the number of guests they can accommodate, sleeping arrangements, and address,… Or, they can describe what type of experience they can provide to guests, their location and their language.
- Pricing: The hosts can update and add different pricing options for each property.
- Booking listing: Hosts can manage upcoming bookings, which are showcased against each date of the month.
- Messaging feature: The chat interface allows hosts and guests to connect freely.
- View ratings: Hosts too can review and rate their guests as per their behaviour and conduct.
- Payments mode: Completely secure payment methods and payment gateways for each booking option.
Tech stack for apps like Airbnb
What is technology stack of Airbnb app? — Source: Forbes
Choosing the tech stack for your Airbnb clone app, you need to consult with professionals. The final toolset always depends on your technical needs and project requirements.
Luxstay — An App Like Airbnb
Luxstay is an exclusive short-term rentals online booking system, connecting customers looking to rent a property with the property owners. A wide range of is available for those looking to stay in unique spaces and luxury personalized service with best value price.
It still has a long way to go, but Luxstay created a lot of buzz in Vietnam. At list, for now, the two-year-old startup Luxstay seems to challenge Airbnb — the global vacation rentals. Currently, Luxstay claims it has about 15,000 listings, with about 20,000 bookings monthly and a monthly growth rate of 20%.
As a technical partner of Luxstay, AgileTech has upgraded website, built & maintained Luxstay apps and recommendation system.
Why Choose Us To Create App Like Airbnb
The Expertise We Have
We develop more than mobile apps. Each app we develop is a full-fledged experience for both the app owners and users.
The Process We Follow
We follow a streamlined agile methodology for the development of your travel apps by making sure each requirement is correctly fulfilled.
How To Create An App Like Airbnb With Affordable Cost?
Offering affordable mobile app solutions matters the most for us. So, the price we accumulate to create app like Airbnb for travel app development can be afforded by startups and enterprises alike.
Both the host and user app will have an extensive list of features, which we will align and create accordingly to build an app like Airbnb.
The industry of online travel continues to grow. That is why investing in a traveling app like Airbnb could bring a significant profit to your startup. When you know about essential Airbnb features and how to create apps like Airbnb, we are here to bring your idea into reality.
We know that building startups are hard, building tech startups are even harder. No matter what you are trying to ran out with your app, the technology lessons will keep your app performant, and make your customers happy.
Have web app ideas? Get free quotation now!